Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Old Me is Dead and Gone...Dead and Gone... Dead and Gone

Little baby Brylee is officially a year old!!! For those of you who don't know, Brylee is one of my good friends baby and she is so stinkin cute!! But she isn't the main reason for this post, it's the fact that the last year so much has happened and it has flown by. It is almost crazy for me to think that in little over 3 weeks I will be turning 22 and I kinda feel so unaccomplished. Because of recent events I have been forced to learn a lot about myself and I truly am grateful that I do have the opportunity to lean and better myself. I have always known that I am horribly at expressing feeling and opening up to people and I think that could possibly be part of the reason I lost one of my best friends and a guy that I believed to be perfect. From this I am trying to be more open and honest with my feelings and actually addressing them. Another thing that I have discovered is that I think to much and over analyze the situation. Realizing this I have decided I'm going to try and relax and just take things as they come. Yes I believe that everything happens for a reason but I also believe that I have the power to influence an outcome. Since everything happens for a reason and with my new found revelation I'm going to try and not figure out what that reason is and just roll with the punches. I was watching a movie today and this song came on and it also inspired these thoughts the beginning and chorus really hit me and it goes a little something like this:
I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

And there you have it... I'm learning, hoping, dreaming, and believing. Here is to the next year of my life may it be filled with just as many of life's little lessons and being a strong independent woman. <3

No comments: