Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tear Jerker

Okay so one of my best friends mom need a liver transplant and she was put on the list at number 2 and we were stoked finaly things were starting to look up. The hospital got a liver and called the person that was number one and they told the hospital that they couldn't be there in time so they called momma lisa she was about to take the pills and on her way out when they called back and told her that the person before her was going to take it! I was so irate I could harley control myself I was so mad but so sad all at the same time I didn't know if I should cry or punch a whole in my wall. Now momma lisa is super down and isn't positive at all. Then the thought of living organ donation comes to mind. Where if the person matches they would take 60% of their liver and give it to momma lisa because the liver is an organ that after a period of time grows back to full size. I am the same blood type as momma lisa and if the tissue typing is the same I could be that living donor. I think the reason it hits so close to home is because when my brother was 15 he recieved a liver transplant and I guess I feel like its my way of giving back. I'm the only one who really gets it and understand the waiting process. Its so hard to watch momma lisa get so much worse everytime I see her. There hasn't been much talk of me giving her part of my liver but I always still think about it pretty much everyday. I'm most scared to tell my paretns that I have been thinking about this because even though you would think they would understand I'm still so afraid they wouldn't because of some of the risks. I really just don't know what to do and I don't know what to say to Katie to make it seem a little easier.

No comments: